Deeper Relationship with the Holy Spirit
2 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
- MAINTAINING A DEEPER RELATIONSHIP WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
To understand this message very well, there are some definition of terms to be done.
*Relationship* – The way in which two or more people or things are connected, or the way they behave toward each other (Cambridge).
*Deeper* – Extending far down from the top or surface, Very intense or extreme
*Deeper (synonyms)* – strong, deep-seated, profound, Not shallow, etc.
*Deeper Relationship* – means strong connection or communion existing between two or more people or things..
*David Yonggi Cho* – described Holy Spirit in the following ways;
“He is the God’s divine executive agent in the world today. He is continuing the work that Jesus began.
The Holy Spirit can never be underestimated. He is always in control of situations that have been given to Him in prayer.
In split seconds, He has intervened to divert disasters, to reveal the right decisions to make, to help Christians through the most critical circumstances.
He has alerted believers, even when separated by thousands of miles, to pray or be available to assist Him when necessary. He has asked others to pray for a need weeks before the need surfaced. The busiest executives around the world would pay any price to have a senior partner like Him.”
*Why You Should Strive to Maintain Deeper Relationship with the Holy Spirit*
1. He is our Helper (parakletos) – an advocate, comforter, intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and Standby (John 14:26).
2. He is our anointing (Isaiah 61:1).
3. He is the Giver of Life (Ezekiel 37:1-8)
4. The imparter of God’s power (Acts 1:8)
5. Enables men to do Good (Acts 10:38)
6. Revealer of Secrets (1 Cor. 2:9-11)
*The Catechism of the Catholic Church on Holy Spirit*
The Church, a communion living in the faith of the apostles which she transmits, is the place where we know the Holy Spirit:
– In the Scripture He inspires;
– In the Tradition, to which the Church Fathers are always timely witnesses;
– In the Church’s Magisterium, which he assists;
– In the sacramental liturgy, through its words and symbols, in which the Holy Spirit puts us into communion with Christ;
– In prayers, wherein he intercedes for us;
– In the Charisms and ministries by which the Church is build up;
– In the signs of apostolic and missionary life;
– In the witness of saints through whom he manifests his holiness and continues the work of salvation
*In all mankind, Holy Spirit:*
– Animates all creation – CCC 703
– Awakens faith – CCC 684
– Comes unceasingly into the world – CCC 732
– Enables communication with Christ – CCC 683
– Grants gift to all – CCC 2003
– Helps man grow in spiritual freedom – 1742
Master and source of prayer – CCC 741, 2652
– “Principal author” of the Holy Scripture – CCC 304
– Restores the divine likeness – CCC 734
– Reveals God – CCC 687
– Reveals the Trinity – CCC 244, 684
– Source of all Holiness – CCC 749
*How To Maintain Deeper Relationship With the Holy Spirit.*
1. Strive to Know Holy Spirit More (John 14:17)
2. Listen and Obey What He Says (Rev 2:29)
3. Meditate on the Scriptures (Joshua 1:8)
4. Feed Yourself With the Spiritual Messages, Sacred songs, Hymns, etc (Eph. 5:18-19)
5. Do the Four Things Apostles Did in Acts 2:42 – Apostles doctrine, Fellowship, Breaking of Bread & Prayers.
6. Be Zealous for God and for Good Works (John 2:17)
7. Invest Your Life Into the Salvation of Souls (Acts 1:8)
8. Don’t Grieve Him (Eph. 4:30)
9. Live In Love (1 Cor 13:1-13)
The Holy Spirit is here and He wants to assist you live a life pleasing to God, beneficial to you and impactful to your society.
He wants to walk with you. He wants to lead you. The world was created by Him. He is older than you. He knows the things that are best for you.
Would you walk with Him? Will you be willing to partner with Him and grow your relationship with Him.