EXPLANATION OF GOD’S WORD IS OURS THROUGH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ( Acts 8:30-31, 34-35, Romans 10: 14-15)
4 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
Please, find time to read this. God cannot come down to do what we ought to do even though he has the power to do it without our consent. The gospel is to be preached by you and I. And God will hold us responsible if the souls meant to hear the word is not fed the with this divine bread (God’s word). Carefully read the passages below;
Acts 8:30. Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.
31. “How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
34. The eunuch asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?”
35. Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.
14. How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
15. And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Read the last sentence of Romans 10:14….. “And how can they hear if there is no one to preach to them?”
This was the case of the Ethiopian Eunuch. He was studying the book of Isaiah 53 without assimilating what he was reading, then came the injunction from the Spirit of God to Philip to teach the soul yearning to understand God’s word and salvation. Philip taught the man that the power of God’s word took control of him, making him to seek baptism.
Now, I ask you the charismatics filled with the Spirit and in constant touch with the word; when last did you feed that hungry soul yearning for salvation? When last did you talk to people about Jesus crucified? When last did those around you felt the impart of what you carry? It’s pathetic how we go out in the day, come back in the night without feeding a soul. I am even ashamed of my self. Are you also ashamed? The word of God should reach all humanity. It’s active and alive!
Now read the last statement in Romans 10:15…. “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring the good news”
How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the word, who tell the world about Christ.
The bible says that; “He that winneth souls is wise – Proverbs 11:30b
Lord! Save my soul to save souls – Amen!!