Holy Spirit Our Mark Of Ownership
9 months ago Evangelical Ministry 0
THE HOLY SPIRIT, YOUR MARK OF OWNERSHIP
_*”And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession to the praise of his glory.”
Holy Spirit is the third person in the trinity. He is a divine person. He possesses great power and authority – Acts 1:8, He is the Spirit of truth – John 14:6, 15:26, He is the Spirit of the Father, the Spirit of counsel, knowledge, wisdom and understanding – Isaiah 11:2.
In the old covenant, only the priests, the kings and the prophets have the Spirit, but today, everyone has the Spirit. It’s a great privilege.
The mark of ownership is the sign, symbol or seal that we belong to Christ, that we have an identity.
*Why is this mark necessary?*
1. It is a cure for abnormal fear
2. It is an incentive in teaching and preaching the gospel
3. It gives us freedom from the power and dominion of sin
4. It gives us comfort and dispel loneliness in trial time
5. Produces the fruits of the Holy Spirit
*Evidence that the mark is active in believers*
* Zeal for the work of God. An unusual urge to serve, preach or teach the word of God
* Bearing the fruits and manifesting the gifts of the Holy Spirit
*Barriers to this mark*
– Sin (contaminant in the nature of man)
– Disobedience (Abrupt rejection of God’s righteous decree)
*How can we sustain this mark?*
– Walking with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:25)
– Maintaining deep relationship with God through devotions (studying the scripture, prayers etc).