YOU CAN DO ALL THINGS
1 month ago Evangelical Ministry 2
Text: John 15:1-4
Philippians 4:13 revealed that we can do all things through Christ that strengthens us. But the big question is; with the things Jesus did – healing the sick, raising the dead, giving sight to the blind and strengthening the paralyzed – have we done an insignificant fraction of this works?
God’s Verdict about the Children of God
1. Greater works shall you do (John 14:4)
2. Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).
3. You are raised up in Christ to heavenly places (Eph 2:6)
4. Great signs shall follow those that believe (Mrk 16:17-18)
Limitations to our Desired Manifestations
1. Unreasonable service and sacrifice (Rom 12:1-2): Whatever we offer to God without offering Him our lives first is not acceptable. No man moves the hand of God without offering his life first to God. The first step in manifesting God is self sacrifice.
2. Unbelief and faithlessnes: Without faith it is impossible to please God: He that comes to God must first believe that He is and the rewarder of those that diligently seek him (Hebrew 11:6). Faith is the key that unlocks the door to supernatural power.
3. Lukewarmness and unseriousness: To manifest the power of God, we must invest our time to the things of God.
4. Carnality and sin: Carnality is when one places worldly principles above kingdom principles. Sin remains a barrier to the manifestation of the power of God in our lives (Ish 59:1).
5. Ignorance of the power of the Holy ghost: It is ignorance that makes us belittle the grace of God in our lives. As a result, we seek outside that which God has deposited in us. Everything we need to manifest the power of God has been released to us.
Having given us all that we need to manifest His power, God expects us to be fruitful in every good thing. This is very important in the life of a child of God, as one of the dangers of unfruitfulness is detachment from the vine (John 5) who is Christ Jesus himself.