Charismatics In The 21st Century
4 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
CHARISMATICS IN THE 21st CENTURY
UNDERSTANDING THE PURPOSE AND MISSION OF THE CCRN IN TODAY’S WORLD.
THE REASON FOR THE RENEWAL
To be a current of life to the Church.
NOTE: CCC 2003.
The time the Charismatic came into existence, there was a general problem in the society. Not just the problem of the church, but the entire humanity.
Charismatic came into existence because of the quest to understand why what was prophesied through Prophet Joel in Joel 2:28 was lacking in the later days.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE RENEWAL
From National Guideline, ARTICLE 2: It is summarized thus;
1. To deepen the spiritual life of individuals through conversion
2. Help indibiduals desire and earnestly pray to receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit and the exercise this gifts freely for the service of others through the guidance of the church and pastors.
3. To foster love and oneness
4. To evangelize and re-evangelize
5. To restore the image of the Church by knowing, living and teaching the Catholic faith to individuals
WHAT THE RENEWAL IS NOT (Misrepresentation)
1. The renewal is not a Church as an institution but a project of renewal of the Church. It is a movement, a campaign. A movement has to do with bringing a change in the form or shape of a society. It is accompanied with sensitization and protest.
2. It is not a means of taking the fame and materials that come from the Spiritual gifts. Some members of renewal when they receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit, tend to enrich themselves with the material things that come and took the glory due for God.
3. It is not a channel of decatholicization wether wholy or principle.
4. It is not a means of establishing private ministries either denominational or non denominational. Pope John Paul II told us after accepting the renewal “To do everything in and for the Church.” Ministry as a point of service or work and not organization or Institution. The moment ownership comes in, it is turned into private ministry, it is no longer free as we were told.
5. It is not a Spiritual clique or party that keep themselves secret from the Church. Renewal needs to be involved in the Church to bring a change. Renewal means involvement in the Church effort to do the work of Christ.
TODAY’S REALITY AND THE NEEDS FOR REPOSITIONING
1. How do we understand our now to better our future? The truth is that there is a big shift from the original point of the renewal. If that is the case, what then do we do to bring it back?
2. There is need to understand that you are not called – just to be a Charismatic or A Charismatic renewal, But “A Catholic Charismatic Renewal.” You must get this into your head. Those who found themselves in the first two are the source of problems to the Church.
3. We have to return to ancient landmark. Go back to why the renewal came to be
4. We have to make use of the art, science and technology of online streaming to bring the word or gospel close to people.
5. We have to make the renewal more attractive to the larger Church. Sometimes, we look shabby, un-presented, that’s why some pious societies don’t like us
6. We must return to making the Charismatics a campaign or movement to bring about a change in the Church and not be at ease in Zion.
We must set a target for ourselves to be an instrument of restoration in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal of today.