Empowered By His Glory (Bible Study)
3 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
Each of us has been created to manifest God’s image and character on earth. In His creation mandate, God said to us, ‘Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Adam and Eve sinned and were chased out from the presence of God – the presence of whom would have enabled and strengthened them to accomplish their divine purpose.
But through Christ, we who believed were reconciled to God and given access to His divine presence. In this bible study, we will understand, among other things, what the glory of God is and how our lives should be if we embrace and live in the full glory of our God.
What do you understand by God’s glory? (Bible Study verses: Exodus 24:9-18, 33:11-23, John 1:14)
- The manifold presence of God.
- The majesty and splendour of God Almighty.
Does God Really Want to Show Us His Glory? Has He Not Kept His Glory Only For Himself as He said in Isaiah 42:8? (Bible Study verses: Ezekiel 37:26-27; Isaiah 60:1; John 1:12-14)
- God wants to Show us His glory. This is His utmost desire.
- He has not reserved the glory to Himself alone.
- He wants His sons to live and walk in His Glory.
- Our first parent, Adam enjoyed God’s glory until they sinned and brought shame to all men, and lost this glory.
- But God made a plan for restoration through Jesus Christ.
How Can I Experience God’s Glory in my Life? How Can I Tap Into Its Strength? (Bible study verse: Hebrew 1:1-4, John 17:20-26)
- God the Father has given His Son Jesus Christ to us.
- We should believe in Jesus Christ; and receive the Holy Spirit He has sent.
- Live by the Word of God – studying, understanding and living by it.
- Desire God’s presence; deepening our relationship with God.
What Can God’s Glory Do For Me? (Bible Study verse: Isaiah 60:1-3, Luke 9:27-36, Psalm 16:11, 97:5, 2 Cor. 3:17-18)
- It enables you to shine in the world.
- To enjoy life, as it leads you in the path of righteousness, peace and fulfillment.
- It destroys evil yokes in your life.
- You move from glory to glory.
- Transformation – Becoming like God.
- Helps you to stop sinning; and to love the Lord your God the way you and.
- You get empowered to do good works
- You live eternally in God’s Kingdom.
God loves us and has shown His glory through His Son Jesus Christ. He wants us to come and dwell in His presence every time. This is the desire of the Almighty Father for us. Let nothing come between us and God’s presence. Let us shun all sin and wickedness.
Let us embrace Jesus Christ. Let us receive His Holy Spirit and give our lives as living sacrifice to Him. Let us study His Words always and apply them in our daily activities. Above all let us live in love of one another, loving as Christ loved us. Amen. Shalom.