REPOSITIONING FOR THE LORD’S SERVICE*
1 year ago Evangelical Ministry 0
REPOSITIONING FOR THE LORD’S SERVICE
*(2 Timothy 2:20-26)*
*_”In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.”_*
*A. Preamble – Matthew 7:21-23*
1) The people in this verse actually prophesied, cast out demons and did many works in God’s name; yet their reward was damnation.
2) Any service to God in the wrong or incorrect order does not bear fruit; they are works of iniquity/carnality/flesh/evildoer; they are rejected not on the merit of the work but on the demerit of the worker. Those on whom the service is render may be saved by the mercy of God but the One who did the work will get no positive reward.
3) To reposition is to realign. It involves identifying the right order and turning into it.
*B. Area that we must reposition.*
1) Reposition your mind (Proverbs 23:7, Proverbs 4:23, Romans 12:2)
– In your desires, believe, thought-pattern (Negative to Positive)
2) Reposition your association (1 Corinthians 15:33, 2 Corinthians 6:14)
3) Reposition your perception of sin (Proverbs 24:16, 2 Timothy 2:22-26)
– He places emphasis on our rising from sin and not in permitting us to sin.
4) Reposition your relationship with material things (Luke 16:5-9, Philippians 4:12)
5) Reposition your perception of eternity and judgment (Matthew 24:36-44)
– work hastily
6) Reposition your relationship with the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:5-9)
– Recognize His presence, recognize His opinion, obey His direction & thank Him for it.
7) Reposition your understanding of the enemy (Ephesians 6:12)
8) Reposition your priorities (Ephesians 5:15-17)
– follow His will
9) Reposition from pride and self-glory (James 4:6)
God has called us into the ministry of reconciling men to Himself and to witness for Him. We are His ambassadors. Let us make ourselves worthy labourers of His kingdom.
Just as the prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effect (James 5:16), so the service of a well-positioned worker bears correct fruit.