THE ABUNDANCE OF GOD’S BLESSINGS (Leviticus 25:4, 18-22).
2 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
LEV 25: 4 – But in the seventh year, the land is to have a year of sabbath rest, a sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards.
18. “Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws, and you will live safely in the land.
19. Then the land will yield its fruit, and you will eat your fill and live there in safety.
20. You may ask, “What will we eat in the seventh year if we do not plant or harvest our crops?”
21. I will send you such a blessing in the sixth year that the land will yield enough for three years.
22. While you plant during the eighth year, you will eat from the old crop and will continue to eat from it until the harvest of the ninth year comes in.
In the above scriptural verses, there was a command before verse 4, God instructed Moses that the first sixth years should be a year of farming, in verse 4, he told them to rest the field in the seventh year.
In verse 20, the Lord made them to understand that they might wonder what to eat in the seventh year if they do not plant, When you read down, you will see the promises of God on how he will sustain them during this period.
But my emphasis is in verse 18, “Follow my decrees and be careful to obey my laws”
For every promise, there is a rule to play by. God’s blessings have medium through which it flows. It flows through the medium of obedience. When you follow God’s instructions, his promises become inevitable.
Peace be with you!!!