The Benefits of Shining God’s Light. (Acts 10:38)
5 years ago Evangelical Ministry 1
Shining the light of God entails manifesting the glory of God in us. It is the showcasing, in simple and impressive manner, the potentials and Godly virtues bestowed on us or learned over time. The scripture revealed that we are made in the image and likeness of God, and that His Spirit lives in us. (cf. Gen. 1:16, 1 Cor. 6:19).
We are created for a purpose: to serve God. And this will do through obedience to words, and in displaying the light of His glory, beauty, knowledge, love and excellency in our various works.
Why Is It Beneficial to Shine?
1. It glorifies God. (Matt. 5:14-16)
2. Value Addition – It adds value to others. (John 4:42)
3. It ensures we are making wise use of the time. (Eph. 5:14-16)
4. It exposes evil works. (Eph. 5:11)
5. Assurance of both earthly and, more importantly, an heavenly reward. (Rev. 22:12)
We pray for God’s grace and strength to continually shine His light everywhere. Amen.