The Power of Secret Place
2 months ago Evangelical Ministry 3
The aim of this message is to help members to value and develop a quality time with God personally.
I) What is a Secret Place?
1. It is a secluded place where one can personally have intimacy with God.
God is everywhere, but, He does not meet with people everywhere. In salvation, God manifested Himself to all men (Titus 2:11). But, in our intimacy and walk with God, He hides Himself in the midst of Light (1 Tim. 6:16). Hence, we must seek Him (Is. 8:17).
2. It is a Place of Illumination where destinies and purposes are revealed.
3. It is a personal altar of prayer. It is not necessarily a Physical location but a spiritual state.
4. It is a Place of encounter and angelic visitation (Gen. 32:24-30)
5. It is a place of rest. Rest from the pains and troubles of this life (Matt. 11:29, 1st Peter 5:7)
6. It is a place of Revival and Restoration (Ps. 23:2)
7. It is a place of conformity (2nd Corinthians 3:18, John 3:30)
8. It is a place where we submit our will for the Father’s will (Matt. 26:36-39)
II) Why do we need the Secret Place?
1. To renew our strength (Is. 40:30-31)
2. To gain more access to Light. (Exodus 34:29, Ps. 34:5)
3. To be cleansed from filthiness (Is. 6:4-7)
4. To become conform to the image of Jesus Christ (Rom. 8:29)
5. To be protected from the enemy. (Psalms 91)
III) How to build/develop a Secret Place.
1. Make out time.
2. Find a neat solitary place.
3. Be broken and contrite (Ps. 51:17)
4. Seek Him and attract His gaze. Don’t seek Him just for bread (Jer 29:12-13)
5. Spend longer period. The lengthier the better.
6. Be Consistent. Do it everyday.
IV) Things you can do in the Secret Place.
2. Bible study
7. Quiet time.
(Being a Summary of the Spiritual Message delivered by Bro Victor Godwin in April 2021 during Tuesday Prayer Meeting of Bread of Life Prayer Group, CCRN, St. Joseph Parish, Unizik Tempsite, Awka)