Tips For Sexual Purity.
6 years ago Evangelical Ministry 0
Two sisters went to their family doctor to get counsel on how appropriate it was to engage in sexual pleasures like masturbation and watching of porn. The medical practitioner on his part told them that there was no severe health challenge associated with the behaivour, as he saw it as a mere fun and playful way of stimulating the body to pleasure.
This may be your position until you turn to the scriptures with a glowing affection towards God and of what He wants. Then you will get to know better about the two great desires in man: the desire of the flesh and that of the spirit; and how the lusts of the flesh, to which sexual impurity belongs, can be destructive, especially to one’s spiritual life.
Beloved, the concept of sexual purity is well stressed in the scriptures. Why? Because God our Father is holy, and He wants all His people to be holy; with no contamination at all. Leviticus 18:22-23 reads, ‘You shall not lie with male as with a woman. It is an abomination. Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.’
You may say that your own case has not reached the level stated above, but the scripture clearly warned us not to give the Devil a chance in our lives. In Ephesians 5:3 and 6 Apostle Paul went further to say, ‘But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you as becometh Saints… let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.’
What started as a simple lust may, if given space, escalate to a full brown bestiality and lesbianism.
Have you been entangled deeply in sexual immorality; with your life and house playing host to a lot of sexual perverts and immoral sexual materials? Or do you know anyone in this mess? Extricating onesself from it may not be easy, but it is seriously recommended.
Your body belongs to God; it was purchased by a costly blood of the Lamb – Jesus Christ. This same Jesus now wants your body to be kept pure all the time; and much of this work lies with you.
Here are the tips that a Catholic Marriage Counselor, Timothy Ofoegbu gave, in his book ‘Skeleton of the Ancestors,’ toward sexual purity.
- Destroy every pornographic (blue films) material in your possession.
- Stop watching sexual and extreme romantic films.
- Stop immoral relationships – adultery, fornication, lesbianism and homosexuality.
- Stop going to places where you easily lust after the opposite sex.
- Break fellowship and friendship with fornicators and adulterers.
- Stop the habit of looking at a man or woman lustfully. (face where you are going).
- Don’t miss Church Fellowship meetings at least once a week.
- Pray more in the spirit. Have a prayer partner that will always help you.
- Always read the Bible, and pray before you sleep.
- If you are having sex in your dream, always read out Psalm 91 and anoint yourself with olive oil before you sleep.
You will agree that more of these tips will work for anyone who truly believes in God and seriously upholds sexually purity. Practicing self control is therefore advocated.
If you have been caught in the web, don’t be ashamed forever. God wants you to come out from that dirtiness and embrace His righteousness. God is able to save and to deliver those who come to Him (Hebrew 7:25).
Embrace sexual purity today and you will remain happy ever after. Shalom.